Hearken to this text
Coming into the championship closing fourth within the standings, Siggy’s night obtained off to a perfect begin by claiming pole place, whereas championship chief and team-mate Jeffrey Rietveld struggled comparatively – down in 10th thanks partly to carrying the utmost success ballast of 10kg.
Fellow title contenders Bono Huis and Jernej Simončič lined-up fourth and sixth respectively, whereas the 2 Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports automobiles of Alex Siebel and Dennis Jordan had been seventh and eighth. They shaped the one outfit with an opportunity of beating Redline to the prize-money-paying groups’ title.
On the different finish of the desk, the underside two groups after this race had been set to struggle for a spot on the grid subsequent season in a relegation occasion, in opposition to the highest two groups within the associated System Problem Sequence.
Heading into Laguna Seca, Group Fordzilla, Rocket Simsport, Williams Esports and Wolves GR Esports had been all combating for survival.
Because the 60-minute race started, Huis tried to take the initiative across the outdoors of Marcell Csincsik and Adam Maguire – who had certified in second and third positions – on the Andretti Hairpin. Slight contact with Csincsik, nonetheless, despatched the Mercedes-AMG driver again to the place he began and beneath stress from Simončič.
With eight minutes accomplished, Maguire ran broad at Flip 6, dropping momentum up the Rahal Straight and gifting Siggy a virtually four-second lead.
Then, a pivotal incident within the championship struggle. Simončič lined up Huis for a transfer at The Corkscrew however locked up when diving left to keep away from his rival, skimmed over the gravel on the within of the nook earlier than his entrance wing departed firm in opposition to the barrier.
This meant a go to to the pitlane and any hope of championship glory vanishing.
The primary of the scheduled pitstops occurred with 20 minutes accomplished when Maguire visited from second for the primary of two tyre adjustments. Siebel adopted only a lap later, with colleague Jordan visiting quickly after.
With the sooner guests resigned to a two-stop technique, Rietveld and Mercedes-AMG driver Marko Pejic each pitted on the midway mark, the primary of the one-stopper crowd to finish the necessary requirement.
If it wasn’t for an unfortunate crash at Circuit d’Azur, Csincsik would have been in title rivalry. Because it was, it appears as if the R8G Esports driver’s luck had departed him, spinning right here on the exit of Flip four whereas in a cushty podium place. Fortunately, there was no harm and the time loss was minimal.
Because the race neared its conclusion, Maguire made his means again up the order, with a decisive transfer previous Pejic for fifth across the outdoors of Flip three. Subsequent to try to overtake the Mercedes was Csincsik, however Pejic positioned his automobile on the perfect defensive traces.
This meant Siebel and Jordan began closing in, having accomplished their second pitstops. The positions would stay static till the tip, nonetheless, stifling the 2 Crimson Bull Racing Esports driver’s championship hopes.
Up entrance, Siggy had led from begin to end, with Huis coming residence in second. The dominant efficiency securing his second main sim racing title of the season, by only one level, following the DTM Esports championship earlier in the year. Huis didn’t defend his System Professional Sequence crown, however he got here very shut.
“It was a reasonably calm race,” stated Siggy.
“I used push-to-pass to carry on [at the start]. As quickly as I found out Maguire was on a two-stopper I knew if I did six laps I might hold him behind. My set-up was completely insane for this race.”
Group Redline took residence the staff laurels, and due to this fact the vast majority of the prize cash. Sadly for Group Fordzilla and Rocket Simsport, they ended the season on the backside of the standings – Daniel Kiss having a very tumultuous closing race for Rocket – and that meant they had been positioned into the Relegation Occasion in opposition to NeedRacing and Predator R8G Esports.
Ultimately, after three warmth races, Fordzilla saved its sport on the grid, whereas Rocket was relegated. NeedRacing was promoted from System Problem to System Professional for 2023.
System Professional Sequence, Race 6, Laguna Seca outcomes
- Kevin Siggy Group Redline – 59 laps
- Bono Huis Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Group +15.162
- Adam Maguire Wolves GR Esports +21.168
- Marcell Csincsik R8G Esports +28.605
- Dennis Jordan Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports +29.012
- Alex Siebel Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports +29.299
- Jeffrey Rietveld Group Redline +36.322
- Ibraheem Khan BS+ Competitors +36.616
- Dawid Mroczek Bykolles Burst Esport +44.717
- Jan Woznica NetRex Grand Prix +44.985
System Professional Sequence 2022, Drivers’ standings
- Kevin Siggy – Group Redline – 168 pts
- Bono Huis – Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Group – 167 pts
- Jeffrey Rietveld – Group Redline – 161 pts
- Dennis Jordan – Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports – 155 pts
- Alex Siebel – Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports – 146 pts
- Jernej Simončič – Burst Esport – 145 pts
- Marcell Csincsik – R8G Esports – 132 pts
- Muhammed Patel – BS+ Competitors – 102 pts
- Adam Maguire – Wolves GR Esports – 92 pts
- Michi Hoyer – Burst Esport – 89 pts
System Professional Sequence 2022, Groups’ standings
- Group Redline – 329 pts
- Oracle Crimson Bull Racing Esports – 301 pts
- Burst Esport – 234 pts
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Group – 196 pts
- R8G Esports 50 – 195 pts
- BS+ Competitors – 184 pts
- Wolves GR Esports – 140 pts
- NetRex Grand Prix – 133 pts
- Bykolles Burst Esport – 132 pts
- Williams Esports – 111 pts
- Rocket Simsport – 104 pts
- Group Fordzilla – 71 pts