224 laps of the race have been accomplished in MotoGP on the finish of the primary 9 races of the 2021 season. A minimum of 9 riders have accomplished not less than one within the lead. One man specifically dominates these numbers: Fabio Quartararo.
Fabio Quartararo’s supremacy over the primary half of the 2021 season will be seen within the numbers. There are factors (34 forward of his runner-up), wins (four), podiums (6), qualifying performances (5 poles, eight first rows), but additionally laps led. The statistic, which we regularly use on GP-Inside, consists of all of the laps a driver has taken first when passing the time line. And on this sport, El Diablo is by far the strongest.
Of the 224 loops made within the race after Assen, Fabio Quartararo has crossed at least 82 as a frontrunner, or 36.61%. Intimately, he took management of seven of the primary 9 Grands Prix, the 2 exceptions being these of Qatar and Germany. It is already higher than the whole 2020 season, the place he led 58 laps of the 14 races contested.
Follows behind Marc Marquez, thanks specifically to his domination at Sachsenring the place he accomplished the 30 laps within the lead. He additionally led three laps at Le Mans, a race finally gained by Jack Miller. The Australian is third on this standings with 32 laps topped the listing. He’s the one one, together with Fabio Quartararo, to have gained greater than as soon as this 12 months.
Nonetheless in search of his first MotoGP victory, Francesco Bagnaia led the operations at Losail, Mugello and Assen (19 laps in complete), however couldn’t materialize. He thus finds himself behind Miguel Oliveira and his 21 laps led, all throughout his success on the Barcelona-Catalonia circuit. Poleman shock of the Doha Grand Prix, Jorge martin then took the lead for 18 laps.
Winner of the inaugural spherical in Qatar, Maverick Vinales has crossed the road 10 instances as a frontrunner. Double what his compatriot did Alex Rins, which we solely present in entrance for five laps in Portimao, earlier than Fabio Quartararo overtook him. Portimao, the place Johann zarco additionally led the proceedings for four laps, earlier than including yet one more at Mugello. The Frenchman had not been on this state of affairs since 2018.
MotoGP 2021 * – Laps led (224) 9 totally different pilots
* After Assen
– Fabio Quartararo 82 (Losail 2, Portimao, Jerez, Le Mans, Mugello, Barcelona, Assen)
– Marc Marquez 33 (Le Mans, Sachsenring)
– Jack Miller 32 (Jerez, Le Mans, Barcelona)
– Miguel Oliveira 21 (Barcelona)
– Francesco Bagnaia 19 (Losail, Mugello, Assen)
– Jorge Martin 18 (Losail 2)
– Maverick Viñales 10 (Losail, Le Mans)
– Alex Rins 5 (Portimao)
– Johann Zarco four (Portimao, Mugello)
MotoGP 2020 – Laps Led (356) 13 totally different pilots
– Franco Morbidelli 97 (Brno, Misano, Barcelona, Aragon 2, Valencia 2)
– Fabio Quartararo 58 (Jerez 1, Jerez 2, Barcelona)
– Alex Rins 31 (Aragon, Valencia)
– Miguel Oliveira 26 (Spielberg 2, Portimao)
– Danilo Petrucci 26 (Le Mans)
– Maverick Viñales 25 (Jerez 1, Misano 2, Aragon)
– Joan Mir 24 (Spielberg 2, Valencia)
– Jack Miller 23 (Spielberg 1, Spielberg 2)
– Francesco Bagnaia 15 (Misano 2)
– Andrea Dovizioso 11 (Spielberg 1)
– Pol Espargaro 9 (Spielberg 1, Spielberg 2, Valencia)
– Brad Binder 9 (Brno)
– Marc Marquez 2 (Jerez 1)
✪ Final days to benefit from the Premium introductory supply! Help our work for under € 19.99 / 12 months, win our contests, uncover ad-free media, entry all of our content material and provides GP-Inside the possibility to outlive! Change into Premium