Nakagami escapes MotoGP Catalan GP crash with out critical damage - Motor Informed
MotoGP

Nakagami escapes MotoGP Catalan GP crash with out critical damage

The LCR Honda rider crashed braking aggressively into the primary nook having began 12th, wiping out each the Ducati and the Suzuki riders.

Rins – who slammed MotoGP’s stewards for taking no action on the incident – was left with a left wrist fracture, whereas Nakagami was saved in hospital in a single day having hit Bagnaia’s rear wheel together with his face.

The Japanese rider says he has “no fracture and I’m OK” after spending an evening within the Hospital Basic de Catalunya in Barcelona.

He additionally apologised to each riders for the accident, including that it was “all my fault”.

In a press release from his crew, Nakagami stated: “To begin with, I wish to apologise to Alex Rins and Pecco Bagnaia for yesterday’s accident. It was all my fault. I want Rins a speedy restoration and I hope he’s in fine condition for the German Grand Prix.

“After yesterday’s crash, I really feel fortunate as a result of I’ve no critical damage, no fracture and I’m OK. I spent the night time on the Intensive Care Unit, beneath statement however all is nice. So, I will attempt to be prepared for the following race in Sachsenring.”

Takaaki Nakagami, Team LCR Honda bike

Takaaki Nakagami, Group LCR Honda bike

Picture by: Gold and Goose / Motorsport Images

The crash got here every week after Nakagami and Rins made contact at Mugello, with the Suzuki rider branding the Honda rider “one of the vital harmful”.

Sunday’s incident prompted a lot criticism from different riders, a lot of which was directed on the Stewards’ choice to not penalise Nakagami.

Rins known as for the Stewards’ panel to be modified, saying they had been “not at MotoGP stage,” whereas Franco Morbidelli stated the choice was solely good for the present and never the riders.

Learn Additionally:

Bagnaia, whose title hopes had been dented by his retirement, stated he was “disenchanted” with what occurred, and branded it “not acceptable”, whereas race winner Fabio Quartararo additionally felt the crash mustn’t have been deemed a racing incident and urged riders to be “aware” of the hazards in first-lap encounters.

Pramac’s Johann Zarco said Nakagami “lost all his credit” with the riders who backed him after his Mugello conflict, which was introduced up in Friday’s security fee at Barcelona.

MotoGP returns on the Sachsenring from 17-19 June.

shares

feedback

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

MotoGP to begin 2023 season in Europe for first time since 2006
MotoGP British GP: Zarco tops FP1 regardless of crash, Quartararo suffers points
MotoGP pronounces 2023 pre-season check dates
McLaren set to finish Ricciardo’s 2023 F1 deal to make means for Piastri
MotoGP to start out 2023 season in Portugal, first European opener since 2006

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.